"Euro Chock"

Subject: "Euro Chock"
From: Chris and Sue Beck <n9zes@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:40:57
Well, we did the layup on our chock tonight, and surprisingly, it went
quite well.  No big messes, disasters, mistakes, etc.

We tried the trick of wetting out the glass on the plastic wrap before
laying it over the foam, and it seemed to work nicely.  It was odd at
first as we had alot of glass and nowhere to go with it.  However, with
a little patience, it all wetted down and looks pretty good.  I'm not
sure I'd use the plastic wrap method for a large flat layup, but for the
oddball shapes it does work well.

The block is curing right now so we can knife trim it, and the brushes
are soaking in the vinegar.  We'll see how it turns out!

The only problem we had is it seems the epoxy just goes everywhere,
meaning the top of the worktable has little "fingerprints" all over it,
which on the MDF, really show up.  I guess that is just the way a table
is going to look when doing layups.

The digital scale and using squeeze bottles for the resin and hardner
works great, too.

Later!

Chris
A159