RE: Skyforce Skymap

Subject: RE: Skyforce Skymap
From: Watson Dave J <WatsonDJ@farnellcomponents.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:19:06
I don't know what type of GPS you have but try looking on the
manufacturers WEB site for information regarding the EOW problem that
has occurred with all GPS units. The problem is likely to occur for 4
weeks from the 22nd August until the system sorts its self out. Garmin
have produced a piece of software that can be downloaded to the GPS
unit, in my case to a Garmin 90, which resets the EOW (End of Week)
number to zero and forces the unit to  download new almanac data. Worth
checking to see if there is an update for your unit.

Margaret & Dave Watson
#224 G-CUTY (Tri-gear)