any other plane...

Subject: any other plane...
From: Thomas Scherer <europa81@okay.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 22:57:04

Today I spent 6.5 hrs in N81EU crossing all over Germany - what a blast !
Distances
really get smaller.

Anyway, I had found yesterday that my fuel tank was leaking at the fuel inlet -
actually
the clip that is sealing the rubber hose onto the tank inlet was over-tensionned
and the
inlet had collapsed. I hope I can remedy this situation by installing a metal
insert
at the
fuel tank inlet.

Anyway, with reduced tank capacity I was flying from Southern Germany to the
North
for that meadow we had learned about so often. A nice little street without
power
line
would have been fine, too.

While I was searching, the right hand went down to the fuel selector to switch
"reserve" and switch on the fuel pump.

What a joy, the engine revving and some 45 minutes more to fly at reduced RPM.

In any other plane I have flown up to now - I had been on that meadow -
hopefully
unharmed. Yet it means to dismantle the plane and ferry it home - not to speak
of the paperwork involved in Germany.....    but in a Europa ?!? -- you fly on,
tell
noone about it and switch back to "Main" after refuelling. Phuhhhhh....

For those out there who are undecided which airplane to build I can only
recommend
the Europa - she is beautifully designed, flies like a joy, has enuff room and
won't leave
you alone.

<Thomas>