Trigear Conversion - reasoning - parts for Sale

Subject: Trigear Conversion - reasoning - parts for Sale
From: Thomas Scherer <europa81@okay.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 23:41:08

presently I am performing a conversion of my Mk I, Kit # 81, from Monowheel to
Trigear. I know that real men are flying taildraggers only, but I got convinced
after the third ground-loop that I am not a real man. And for the future I'd
prefer to have an airplane that can be used on a daily basis and not break out
in sweat before every landing and ask the fire brigade to return to their shacks
after each landing. I had the tower call on the radio "Do you need the equipment
out" twice. Enuff !

On top of that I heard that people who have done it did not notice any loss of
speed. That despite the fact that it does become heavier and has those Dunlops
dangling in the airstream. Maybe the speed range just doesn't warrant it yet.

Plus I like the idea of electrically actuated flaps - I can take of with 10 deg
instead of the mechanically fixed 27 Deg of the Monowheel.

I am however convinced that there are kind and friendly Europas; and there are
those "whores to land" such as mine. (Can you say that in English ?). I was
unable
to determine the reason: CG was within limits for first flight and wheel
pressures as well as outrigger position were OK.

I am now over that "real men"-thing and inmidst the conversion. The Company
offers
a Conversion-kit which includes everything one needs.

And then finally I have a few parts for Sale: (This Europa had been converted to
the new XS-tailwheel)

- Monowheel Trailer
- complete Mainwheel assembly with shock-dampers, bungee cord, rubber block,
brake
- XS-type tailwheel (and if anybody wants: the original classic tailwheel, too)

Maybe one of the national distributors would like to build the mockup of a
working
retraction mechanism, much like the Company uses - or one builder want to
upgrade or needs spare parts.

Everything is based in Germany - near Bonn.

<Thomas>

<META content'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' nameGENERATOR>

!

just doesn't warrant it yet.

the Monowheel.

OK.