RG battery info . . .

Subject: RG battery info . . .
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 14:57:29
An oft repeated question on the various list servers to
which I subscribe ask about the nature of RG batteries.
I've compiled a list of URL's that folk will find most
informative with respect to modern batteries. Click on
any or all of the following:

     http://www.hepi.com/drvolt.html

     http://www.boldertmf.com

     http://aeroelectric.com/rg_bat.html

An especially descriptive document on batteries can be found
at:

     http://www.lifelinebatteries.com/marine/comps.htm

(this one has yet another name for our RG friends,
"AGM" for absorbed glass mat . . .)

Also, peek at:

     http://www.globalair.com/wilco/concord.htm

     http://www.aeroelectric.com/bat_thd.pdf

and finally, this article by Steve Williams . . .

     http://www.sbw.org/sbw/home.nsf/index/SuctionBad

While searching the web for these links, I note that more
often than not, the RG battery's connection to the outside
world is referred to as "valve regulated" and not
"vented" . . .

I think it's reasonable to expect that the question will
arise again . . . keep this post handy for next inquiring
mind who wants to know . . .   I'll duplicate this links
list on our website . . .

Hope everybody has a nice weekend!

       Bob . . .

                       ////