TP's and Disappearing cores

Subject: TP's and Disappearing cores
From: Steve Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 21:54:01
Hallo,

First off, thanks for all of you who wrote to assure me that there was
nothing wrong with my TP-12 situation.  The question seems silly now; a
real forest for the trees thing.  We marked and drilled the holes for
the bushings tonight and everything lined up within .1 degree or so.
Another success owed in no small part to the group.  Take a bow,
everyone.

Now for a bit of levity, though it wasn't very levitic (comedy,
comedic?) at the time.  I was showing my friend and helper Ben the foam
cores for the flaps, which I've been keeping in the huge Tail kit box
they're shipped in.  I went to pull out the aileron cores to show those
as well...but they weren't there.  Aiiiigghhh!  I *know* they were
there.  I checked the inventory sheet; they were marked as present.  I
quickly go from curious to anxious to despondent.

As I tear my hair out wondering how I could have thrown away 4 foam
cores  while trying to figure out how much I'll have to pay for a new
set, my wife goes into the shop to have a look for herself.  She points
to a big box and says "What's in that one?"   I pull the 6 little boxes
off it so I can show her it's full of big things but not foam cores.
Just before I open the flap, with an all knowing "See!" on my lips, I
notice the box is marked "Tail Kit".  Before that has a chance to sink
in, the box is opened to reveal...four FC-7 cores *and* the 5 mm. foam
piece for the flaps, which I hadn't begun to look for yet.  I let out a
huge sigh of relief.  Eileen is so proud of her detective skills that
she lets a huge "I told you so!" pass without a glance.  Ain't she
something?!

All the best,

Steve "Lost without her" Genotte