Re: Sparks and bangs

Subject: Re: Sparks and bangs
From: GERAINT L OWENS <lloyd.owens@lineone.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 21:06:08

There were postings recently regarding this subject (refuelling GRP A/C) with
some
suppositions and not too many conclusions from what I can remember.   At the
time I kept meaning to reply to these postings but never got around to it;
but there was a _very_ informative article about this subject, covering
_everything_
you could possibly need to know, in EAA's 'Sport Aviation' magazine
approximately
6 months ago.   I put the article away for safe keeping, but now can't
... er ... find it!
As to insurance, so long as Colonia check out OK (if they're a limited company
you can check them out at companies house) I'd go with that.   It would be
interesting
to know why Jennings stopped dealing with Colonia.   Everything isn't
always as it appears (I am a purchasing consultant in my day job) and maybe
Jennings
just find it more profitable to place risk at Lloyds than Colonia.   But,
I have no expertise in these matters, other than to say it's amazing how much
you can sometimes find out by talking with others in the same trade/profession.