Flight Instrument Panel

Subject: Flight Instrument Panel
From: nigelcharles <NigelCharles@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 04:32:48
Message text written by INTERNET:Fillinger@aol.com
>Rocky Mountain Instruments
(http://rkymtn.com/rmi.htm) has a round 3-incher that will replace the
altimeter, airspeed, VSI, remote encoder, and even more if desired.<

This is not recommended by RMI as you totally reliant on one electrical
instrument which could fail. They advise replacing the VSI only which is
not essential. This means you are still back to 6 flight instruments if you
desire a full IFR panel. The floppyness of the metal panel reduces
dramatically once it is bolted to the main panel. I used a total of 9 bolts
and inserts (omitting the top left corner due to lack of space). The only
items needing  extra support were the AH and DI due to their length and
weight. This I achieved by a padded narrow shelf (under the DI) and foam
stand-off pieces between the DI and AH. The shelf also makes fitting and
removing the sub panel much easier.

Nigel Charles