Tail Wheel Fork, Stop, Grease, etc.

Subject: Tail Wheel Fork, Stop, Grease, etc.
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <twfcaf@nas.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 21:35:54
Hi Guys and Others;

I am an XS builder and my manual states on 32-5 place a pin through the
pre drilled hole in the tail spring.  There is no hole.  Lakeland Bob
advises that the pin is no longer advised.  Now, the slot for the pin is
still in the tail wheel fork so any grease injected through the grease
nipple will be dispensed on the tail wheel or another unwanted places.

I made a semicircular plate of two ply bid over a 1 inch form and have
fitted it to the slot in the tail wheel for so the injected grease will
be contained within the tail wheel shaft rathe than sprayed about.
Simple.

Tom Friedland.  AO 79  N 34CC  " N 34 C Cup"