RE: Starter Cable

Subject: RE: Starter Cable
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 15:55:12
>If you are planning to put a 912S in then I would tend towards 2 Awg as it
>the cranking current will be higher (also note Europa's recommendation to
>use a 32Ah battery with the 912S).
>
>Tony

  Unless the battery is 15 feet away from the engine 4AWG is
  okay for the 912.

  32 a.h.?????? Geeshh! unless you need it for ballast
  you're carrying 10 hours of fuel and need the alternator
  out capacity . . . this is much too much battery for the Europa.
  I've got Kitfox builders getting excellent performance from
  12 to 17 a.h. sealed, lead-acid batteries and a 912
  engine.

       Bob . . .
                       ////
                      (o o)