Master Cylinder

Subject: Master Cylinder
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <twfcaf@nas.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 15:01:28
Hi Europaphiles

I am building an XS and am fitting the Monowheel.  I find that the
prescribed location of the master cylinder interferes with the
retraction of the wheel into the tunnel.  I installed the cylinder as
per XS manual and found that the cylinder prevented the wheel from full
retraction!  In fact,  it hung down about 2 1/2 inches lower than
maximum!  That sounds like lots more drag to me.

I moved the cylinder up about 1 inch, forward a bit and ground off some
of the aluminum but the wheel still is about 1 inch lower than maximum
retraction.  I am thinking of moving the master cylinder farther forward
and glassing in a aluminum reinforcement to take the load on the side of
the tunnel.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Tom Friedland  A 079  N34CC