Rudder Hinge Flange

Subject: Rudder Hinge Flange
From: Steve Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:55:23
Fellow Co-Dependents,

Despite my best efforts to the contrary, I haven't turned the rudder
into bin filler...yet.  Here's my latest attempt:  Despite Tony's
warnings, I have approx. 35 mm - 40 mm of skin exposed instead of the 25
mm call for in the manual.  (I'm not very good with the hacksaw.)
I was thinking of fixing this by filling the gash to the proper depth
with flox, thereby making up for any loss of strength caused by the
removal of too much foam.  Is this reasonable?  I'm wondering if it
would be too heavy compared to inserting some foam.  The flox would be
quicker (I'm thinking) but is it too "dirty" a fix?

Welcoming your comments and derisive hoots,

Steve Genotte