Re: Fighting off the chill of Winter

Subject: Re: Fighting off the chill of Winter
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 20:45:39
Steve,
Watch out for any heat source other than electric as all will add various
amounts of  "water" into the air. Now I don't mean to be a partypooper but
I looked into gas as a heat source and ended up waiting until the end of
winter! Must admit it is relatively easy, or for me anyway, to find
something else to do. You cant beat airconditioning, if your OAT stays
above teh minimum temperature which I believe is a nominal 5 degrees
Celsius. Sounds like you intend to generate more btu from your heater than
you are likely to get out of your 912 :-)
Reg
Tony Renshaw

>Fellow Temperate Zone Dwellers,
>
>As those of us on the better half of the planet <g> know, it's not the
>best temperature outside as far as epoxy curing is concerned.  Hoping to
>keep this and subsequent winters from becoming objects of discontent
>(sorry Will) I'm about to purchase an auxiliary heater for my attached
>garage.  I'm going to get a forced air system that burns kerosene, but
>here's my dilemma:  they want nearly US$ 3 a gallon for kerosene at the
>DIY store!  That seems a bit high to me.  Can one burn diesel fuel or
>Jet-A in one of these systems.  For that matter, am I looking in the
>wrong place for kerosene?  I realize this may seem a bit trivial, but
>I've found that whenever I'm thinking something's not right, it usually
>turns out to be ignorance on my part.
>
>That's your cue,
>
>Steve G.

Reg