Re: Epoxy/Resin Ratios

Subject: Re: Epoxy/Resin Ratios
From: Kim Conrad <aviatordave@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 05:12:26

Whoa Steve!
    First off... The US Kits are supplied with AEROPOXY. This is a
product made in the US and added to the kit from Lakeland. It helps to
save in the shipping costs and also precludes the HAZMAT shipping.
Aeropoxy is great to work with and relatively non hazardous. I clean up
my tools using only vinegar. It is made by PTM&W Industries, Inc.. Give
them a call and they will send you a data sheet on their epoxy
(1-800-421-1518). They also make a new product called Aeropoxy Lite. It
is a filler similar to Polyfiber's Super Fill. It makes sense to me to
stick with a common epoxy "system" throughout the build.
    Of particular note the AEROPOXY ratios are 27:100 by weight or 1:3
by volume.  I spent the extra and bought both a scale and a pump.  The
pump will save you a lot of time in the long run and provide an accurate
mix every time. I am not sorry I bought the pump.
    Regards,    Dave Conrad    A078    Cincinnati, Ohio