Re: Flap Setup

Subject: Re: Flap Setup
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 23:50:03

Interesting observation.   What will happen is any protective coating on the
flap cross tube will be abraded away, and rust, etc.  At the same time, the
glass should abrade, relieving the pressure on the tube and reintroducing the
original problem.

Therefore, the suggested solution is on track.  My idea would be Teflon
plumbers tape in several layers around the tube, held in place with clear
adhesive tape-- relatively easy to replace as a later maintenance item and
additional layers could
fine-tune the flap stop position if some glass/flox wears away.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063

John J. Moran wrote --

>> My DAR is very particular about fiberglass contacting steel or plastic
where
>> the two could vibrate in relation to one another.  He insists on a plastic
or
>> rubber interface which is bonded or RTV'ed in place to prevent abrasion.
He