Re: Door Assembly ?

Subject: Re: Door Assembly ?
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:54:57
John,

Drill a hole in the inside cover plate, large enough to accept a socket to
fit the AN3-12A bolt (about 1/2") and aligned with its head.  This permits
access to the bolt and assembly of the mechanism after handle and door
painting; also dismantling when the skinny forks at the ends of DL08F and
DL08R finally fail in service.

I filled the access hole with a blind domed grommet available from
electronic shops.

I also found that the overcentre mechanism needed a bit of fettling to
ensure that adequate overcentre action was available to keep the latch open
securely.  Prior to fetlling, with the existing geometry, mine would flip
shut if a bee farted in the next county.

Good Luck

Dave Simpson #47