BWM

Subject: BWM
From: Jens-Achim Frei <jaf@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:35:38
Lee,

upon your message I called Mr. Bleidiesel again:

He did already several conversions (in most cases used in Ultralights),
for this conversion he had a pre-series of 25 units which is completely sold
out.

The next series of 50 units will be available in a few weeks (maybe he told me

2-3 weeks, but I don't remember exactly).

Is planning to build up his own website within the next four weeks, but I
sounded
a little bit like he intends to focus on the conversion, not on the web ;-)

The heart of the construction is the gearbox (now in german with a try of
a translation beyond):

Schr=E4gverzahntes Getriebe, Flanken geh=E4rtet und geschliffen
Schwingungsd=E4mpfer bis 10=B0 Drehschwingung
Fliehkraftkupplung ab 2500 U/min

which might be in english:
gearbox with hardened flanks
torsional resonnance damping up to 10 degrees torsion
rpm-dependend clutch which closes at 2500 rpm

this means: no belts, only wheels, a clutch to get rid of the strong torsional
amplitude at low rpm and a damoing system to damp the torsional resonnance at
hiher rpm.

Mr. Bleidiesel promised me to send me some information via diskette to be
pre-released on the web.

He is very happy about the project and about the strong interest in it!

regards,
   Jens