Re: BNC

Subject: Re: BNC
From: David Blair <david.blair@telops.gte.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 08:45:21
There are tools sold at Circuit City, CompUSA, Best Buy (Please find European
equilvant) which will properly strip and crimp a BNC connection.  You will need
 to know which size of coax cable that you are using, ie. RG-58, 59, 62, 93.  I
 am not for sure what size is normally used aviation use.

"Through Complexity there is Simplicity,
                            Through Simplicity there is Complexity"

David L. Blair - CBS, MCP  1-813-978-6073  (Office)
Banyan Systems, Inc.          1-888-964-8049  (Pager)
On-site Banyan Consultant at GTE 3rd Level Banyan Support
---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Tony Krzyzewski" <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>, on 6/1/98 4:59 PM:

No, the centre pin should also be crimped onto the conductor to do the job
properly. BNC crimping tools normally have a small hole just for crimping the
centre conductor.

In the dim dark days of networking I used to be able to do one complete BNC
connector every two minutes! Gets a bit boring after the 300th!!

Tony