Re: Tools

Subject: Re: Tools
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:32:19
        JohnJMoran <JohnJMoran@aol.com>

> Does anybody in the UK know where I can get proper crimping tools.

I suggest that you contact AMP UK. The AMP crimp tool is by far the best and
also has exchangeable heads allowing you to use it for multipole connectors.
I have standardised on AMP Mate-n-lok connectors for all of my multipole
connectors within the aircraft and can use the same tool for these and PIDG
connectors with a simple change of crimp block.

At Sun-n-fun '97 the electrical group tested quite a few crimpers and the AMP
one certainly gave the best results. "Imported" units (read China) gave such
bad results that you wouldn't want to use one anywhere near an aircraft.

Tony

Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 520 4631
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 520 3321