Re: Iceland

Subject: Re: Iceland
From: Gramin <Gramin@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 18:09:27
Yes, I have dropped the "beyond" bit having read the latest from Perter and
TIm.

Looks as if  a recce out and back from Reykjavik would be a good preliminary.
I don't like the sound of the minimum altitude from Kulusuk to Gotdhaab.
Both plane and pilot would be gasping.  Apart from the illegality of a non-IFR
aircraft, I have never even fully equipped singles mixed well.  Ages to climb
to assigned levels, boring on long flights, rough weather always invisible,
and a general embarrassment to the serious traffic in terminal areas.  Was
nice to get a few LHR landings in the logbook though before we were frozen
out.

The project would have to be largely in contact or it would be no fun.  I am
planning  long range tanks in G-EMIN and could then get 7hrs at 100 kts, but
only solo.  Would like to talk some more on this but perhaps we should email
direct and not bore the builders.  Flyers  though, stand up an be counted !

Graham  G-EMIN