VP Props

Subject: VP Props
From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 21:01:03
VP Props

I spoke to Warp Drive a couple of days back about the availablility of
their NSI/Warp Drive VP prop and they said that it was currently
unavailable pending the investigation of the one that failed on the
Lancair. So although no service action was required for Rotax 912/914
installations they seemingly remain unavailable.

Favoring the Warp Drive/NSI (well, Europa seemed to think it was the best
all round propeller they had tested to date [May]), I asked about the
Digital Readout so I could at least get my panel finished but apparently
there is an availability problem with those too.

Got me thinking about alternatives and remembered reading the piece on
props in the No. 17 Newsletter. Although it said that a variety of props
had been tried out including Ivoprop (early version), Rospeller, Arplast
(prototype and production version) and Airmaster with Warp Drive blades the
only results described were for the Warp Drive/NSI hub which later appeared
in the XS price list as an option.

I saw Graham Singleton's recent message about the Arplast (but
unfortunately hit the Delete button instead of Save - perhaps you could
send it to me again Graham?) and realized that I know little about the
Arplast other than that published on their UK Web site - which isn't much.

Are they available/manufactured in the U.S? Is there a U.S distributor?
What is it like mechanically? Does it feature a panel mounted position
indicator (the Ivoprop one doesn't)? What is the spinner diameter and
length (i.e. how will it look on the front of a Europa with the new XS
style cowlings)?

Anyone have any experience with Ivoprops?

Grateful for any answers to the above.

Regards

Martin Tuck
N152MT
Wichita, Kansas
(awaiting 912 and new style Stage 4 kit - next week?)