Re: Tornado Mod (Was: Compass)

Subject: Re: Tornado Mod (Was: Compass)
From: Peter S. Lert <peterlert@montrose.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:18:40
A friend of mine who flew them said it stands for Multi Racial Crumpet
Attractor.  On the other hand, while RONing in Luxor one night on a
ferry flight, I met an elderly ferry pilot who'd been the test pilot on
the TSR2.  Ahhh, now _there_ was an aeroplane!

        And, a few years ago, when I was working as a demo pilot at Farnborough
(and temporary major in the Romanian Air Force--don't ask!), I spotted
the carcass of the last TSR2 moldering in the weeds behind the military
hangars.  Sigh...