Re: Points to ponder

Subject: Re: Points to ponder
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 05:13:46
In a message dated 29/11/97  20:04:25, Tony wrote:

<< The newer trailers have been modified to prevent this. The wing now sits
it a
 housing of soft foam with a vinyl lining. >>

Ah have they now !   I reckon I deserve a free upgrade for all the torment I
suffered from the first one.

On the question of pins in the spar holes, I supposed Europa intended use of
the real wing spar pins, but I was never able to get mine in at all on one
side an only with difficulty on the other. The tolerances,  and possibly
variations in the positioning of the quick release post, plus skew of the
socket relative to the spar just made it impossible .  I now use only a  soft
sheathed 1/4" pin for safety backup  but strap the spar down so there is no
pressure on the hole sides.  The skewness no longer matters now that the
sockets swivel for derigging.

Graham C  G-EMIN