Re: nicopress

Subject: Re: nicopress
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 08:05:39
In a message dated 04/11/97  21:06:28, Tony K wrote:

<< assemblies must be tested to 60% of breaking strain prior to installation

On reading that I went and sat between two walls, back against one and
foot/feet against the bathroom scales vertically on the other.  I found I
couldn't exert much more than my own weight on the pseudo rudder pedal,
around 200 lb. However the lever arm provided by the Europa pedal system  to
the cable is 2.4 (220/92) so I could reach  480lb in the cable, a little
under half the breaking strength.
(It also means there was something seriously wrong with the my nicopressing)

So the 60 % you quote seems about right for the Europa, unless the young and
fit can exert more than I can.  Try it and tell us all.

Now where did I put my 700lb weight ?

G-EMIN