Re: Compute bis'

Subject: Re: Compute bis'
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:09:26
Ron,

The problem you are seeing is associated with the fact that quite a few
members are now using MIME encoded messages. If you mail package can't handle
MIME encoding or if the sender has set their mail system up to send the MIME
as an attachment to the mail (default setting on Explorer, MSMail, Exchange
and Outlook) then you mail system will show an attachment.

As far as I am aware, no one in the last few months has sent an email message
with a deliberate attachment so all of the messages you are seeing with
attachments are actually in this bracket.

My email system scans for viruses and no email message posted to this gorup
has ever had an attachment with a virus.

All I can suggest is that you either change to a more recent mail system
(Pegasus or Zmail for example) or just ignore the attachments unless somebody
specifically states that they have enclosed an attachment.

Tony