Re: FLYING - long trips

Subject: Re: FLYING - long trips
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 06:23:59
>>>details of local friendly grass strips, owners of trailers etc we can
>>>have the
>equivalent of
>the Flying Farmers Association tailor made for Europas.<<
>
>Sounds good to me. I do find the idea of exploring far from home a bit daunting
>sometimes, thoughts of having to go home and fetch a trailer to the east coast
>of France (like someone did last year). (E. coast? Rhine valley!)
>I'll be happy to help someone out, overnight if socked in etc. I know the
>favour
>will be returned, many times over.
>
>One or two of us made enduring friendships  in the IVHC, ( International Vari
>Eze Hospitality Club) organised by Don and Bernadette Shupe. The Europa Flyers
>might perhaps produce a strategic list of airfields/members?

This idea is worthy of a revival so to help it along I would like to throw
out an
open invite to anyone to visit us at Bidford. The field is primarily a
gliding site
but we have about a dozen powered aircraft as well.  Our Europa G-BVLV
lives in its
trailer on the field, when it's not flying (200 hrs now). The strip is 800
yds of grass
and now, after considerable work, has a good surface.  Stratford on Avon,
The Malvern Hills
and the Cotswalds are close by and there is plenty of open FIR for jollies.
There is a
very comfortable B & B next to the field, or possibly a caravan available
on site for
over night stops.  Europas are especially welcome but phone for a briefing,
it can
be a little confusing if there are gliders operating, and the tug aircraft
fly's some
rather un-conventional circuits! If you want more details give me a ring
01675 481605 or
e mail of course.

Any more offers for the list!

Jim Naylor No 39