Re: Batteries

Subject: Re: Batteries
From: Iain Macleod <iain@gabhsann.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 01:05:04

> Thanks for the info on this one Bob - any idea who might make them or
> market them in the UK.

I'm not sure how large a battery you're looking for but MPS (Maplin)
stock Yuasa NP Gell cells up to 38 Ah.  They're on 01702 554000 and they
should be able to dispatch the day you order.

I'm not sure how robust a battery of this type will be in this
application.  I was under the impression these batteries were more
suitable for back-up and low current demands rather than regular engine
starting.  They are also a bit fussy about being correctly recharged.

--

Cheers,
    Iain.