ferry flight

Subject: ferry flight
From: Peter S. Lert <peterlert@montrose.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:46:46
I'm hoping to take our Europa to, appropriately enough, Europe when
it's finished in a year or so.

        In the meantime, if anyone is interested in what it's like to fly the
other way at more or less Europalike speeds, I have to pick up a DH
Beaver in Holland sometime in the first week of April and ferry it back
to the US.  Although this is a tentative offer, I _may_ have a seat
available if some Europa builder would like to sample the North
Atlantic.  Route would be Scotland - Iceland - Greenland - Canada etc.

        You'd have to pay for your own accommodations and meals, as well as
arranging your own transport back to the UK.  I'd prefer if you could
find (borrow, rent) a survival suit in the UK so I don't have to haul an
extra one over on the airlines, but I could probably provide one in a
pinch.

        Let me stress once again that at present this is a _tentative_ offer,
but I'd enjoy the company (not to mention a human autopilot on those
eight-hour legs!).  Let's see if anyone is interested...

                                Peter Lert

PS--This is about my 85th North Atlantic crossing in light aircraft, and
I've only pranged once so far (engine failure in an SF-260 taking off
---From Greenland).