Re: Rain

Subject: Re: Rain
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 09:54:53

>is anybody expirienced with wet wing behavior regarding take off/landing
>Europas?

During some circuit practice early last summer, A passing cloud decided to
give our Europa a quick wash.  It was only light rain at first so I
continued the circuit duty and I could detect no difference in the handling
at all. Eventually the rain increased to the point where I was having
difficulty with vision in the flair due to the low RPM of the prop not
clearing the screen, but the aircrafts handling was still normal.  I have
also since then flown at cruise speed  (120 KTS) through rain showers with
no apparent effect.  It was however interesting to see the rain running in
perfectly straight lines along the canopy over the entire surface,
confirming (as if were necessary!), the aerodynamic attributes of the
Europa.
Best of luck Harald with your flying.

Jim

Jim Naylor No 39