Re: GPS antennas

Subject: Re: GPS antennas
From: Graham E Laucht <graham@ukavid.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 00:29:37
In message <857666334.1024178.0@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>, Jerry
<jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk> writes

>                                         Flying Hi - Wish I was
>                                       jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk
>                                http://www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown
>
>I am not sure where your prices come from but we sell GPS antennas for a
>fraction of that cost. From less than 60 dollars for both active and
>passive antennas.

Jerry,

tell me more please, email or snailmail at:

67 Greenfield Road
Harborne
Birmingham
B17 0EP

People keep nagging me to design them a simple antenna, trouble is at
this frequency and because of the special polarisation and spectral
needs simple isn't simple. The sort of wheel reinventing I could do
without.

Have in mind a small company in Hull that do good purpose made trailers,
will see if they weathered the recession. Other than that I will try and
remake an old contact with a guy that does all of those trailored
lighting units at motorway roadworks. He is an aviator.

Sounds like you are surviving, are you still out of Thorney Island or
have you moved up to the farm strip west of Winchester (Farley?) which I
would have thought was closer.

--
Graham E Laucht