RE: Logistics, not technical. Where to build a Europa?

Subject: RE: Logistics, not technical. Where to build a Europa?
From: Thomas Scherer <ToSSi@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 00:31:58

----------
From:         owner-europa@avnet.co.uk on behalf of Peter S. Lert

I'm hardly a nationalist, but I think one of the few areas in
which the USA is markedly superior to most other countries is the way the
FAA treats homebuilders.

That is if you subscribe to the government's position as staying out of
private business as much as possible. In Europe we insist on the government's
role as protectors of the individual - notwithstanding the harm one might do
to others in a densly populated area. Don't get me wrong though, I am a German

enjoying the benefits in the states myself...

an onsite FAA office (like the one in Frankfurt), having it inspected by the
local FAA types, registering it with an N-number, and enjoying all the
advantages of American homebuilt aircraft ownership.

Know however, that all N'numbers in Germany are classified into the worst
noise level class with all the consequences of landing fees, no nite flying
(doesn't work with homebuilts anyhow) and even closed airports.

<Thomas, Kit # 81>