Micro Encoders and Static system

Subject: Micro Encoders and Static system
From: John Bampfylde <jbamfyld@netlink.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 08:45:12
I won't 'alf be pleased when those @$&*ing wings are finally set up to the
fuselage.  I had a go last Friday, and next day spent an hour convincing
myself that when the level said 2.4 degrees on the starboard wing it really
meant 2.5 degrees, as it said for the port wing.  Ho hum, have another go
next weekend after a little tidy up session...

NZ is known for its wind- roaring forties and all that.  So why have I not
got my taildragger rating after two months?  You've guessed it, I'm waiting
for a windy day to show the instructor I can land the Super Cub (nice
'plane, by the way) in a cross wind.  Not having a cross wind in the last
month in the Wellington area is extraordinarily unlikely.  Of course when it
comes to the first flight of the Europa, I will put a large bet on it
blowing a gale 90 degrees off :-(

Anyway, down tho the questions:
All you lucky micro encoder users:  where (and in what tube or vessel) have
you put the OAT sensor?

For all other lucky builders:  what quick connect system have you used to
allow the pitot tube to be disconnected (and quickly and safely reconnected)
in the wing root area when rigging and derigging?  Aircraft Spruce have the
AN fittings, but it is none to clear what to use.  Also, if the connect is
done up and undone regularly I worry about wear and tear.

While on the computer, where is the favoured location for a Hamilton
vertical card compass?  I presume the tacho would make it inadvisable to put
it in the panel.

Regards,

John Bampfylde, #130