Re: single wheel?

Subject: Re: single wheel?
From: Rolph Muller <rolph@globalvt.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 19:35:17
In message <199701260254.UAA26715@mcfeely.interaccess.com>, Donald
Ingram <Pdingram@interaccess.com> writes
>Would somebody educate me about the advantages and disadvantages of a
>single wheel landing gear?
"What are the advantages and disadvantages of tri-gear against
taildragger?" is the starting point - answer that one and you are partly
there if you add in the balance between the advantages and
diasadvantages of a retractable. As far as the Europa is concerned I
suspect, but do not know for sure,that the main disadvantage of the
retractable main gear may be a need to adjust the bungee tension - but
that's only because I want to spend my time flying the thing rather than
messing with it - even if it is only necessary as infrequently as once a
year or whatever.
--
Rolph Muller