Re: Pip pin hole covers

Subject: Re: Pip pin hole covers
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:26:47

wrote:
> I've been reading the various methods people are using to cover the pip
> pin holes in the stabs. I'm awed at some builders' ingenuity and
> industriousness--Tony's plumbing fittings are particularly nifty.
>
> Just a thought, through, from a (lazy) old sailplane pilot. Many of our
> glass birds have various and sundry fittings here and there, not to
> mention the long joins where wings plug into the fuselage, etc., and
> since we traditionally rig and derig a lot more often than "Europeans,"
> we just use stretchy white vinyl tape, available from various and sundry
> gliding suppliers, etc. Sometimes we leave it on for days or even weeks
> at a time (if we're lucky enough to avoid landing out in some wretched
> paddock and having to derig).
>
> It's what I plan to use on my Europa. Is it as elegant as Tony's
> solution? Certainly not--the man is rapidly becoming either the
> Benvenuto Cellini or maybe the Karl Faberge' of Europas. But I'd rather
> spend the hours Tony spent on his pip pin covers building something more
> vital--or (gasp!) maybe even flying my Europa that much sooner.

I cannot claim originality for the use of plumbing fittings, the idea came from

someone (and I cannot remember who) on this group. My only claim to fame is that
actually found some pieces that work and came up with a clean and easy way of
implementing
it.

Now, I must get back to the inlaid eggs :-)

Tony

Date: 01/20/97
Time: 08:26:47 New Zealand Summer Time (UTC +13)

Kaon Technologies - Building Tomorrow's Networks
PO Box 9830
Newmarket
Auckland          Ph +64 9 358 9124
New Zealand       Fx +64 9 358 9127