Re: Tri-gear HELP!!

Subject: Re: Tri-gear HELP!!
From: europa aviation ltd <enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:13:08
>Still working on the workshop, hate mixing concrete in the snow. It takes
>for ever to set!  But apart from that I have a problem. After completion
>the w/s will be used to house the plane. I can only get a maximum of 81"
>internal width. Using cranked hinges for the doors, this should also be
>available for entry/exit. Will the wheels of the tri-gear fit? I have a
>'faxed drawing from the factory and scaling up, the track to the outside
>edges of the wheels appears to be about 78". I understand that final
>drawings are not available yet.
>Has anyone reached such a stage on the tri-gear that they can give me an
>actual figure for the track?
>Before anyone says it, yes I know, build the mono!
>Many thanks
>
>Further to Margaret Watson's reply to your e-mail, the 36.75" is the
relaxed dimension, and you will need to allow approximately 2" per side on
top of this for the deflection of the legs under load. You also need a bit
extra if you intend fitting spats.

One other point - when pushing the fuselage backwards, the toe-in which the
legs will have when under load will tend to splay the legs a bit more.

Regards

Roger Bull
Web Site at www.europa-aviation.co.uk
     Fax No 44 1751 431706