Re: BWFX

Subject: Re: BWFX
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 19:30:24
Reply to Alan Stewart
>>How is your In flight adjustable prop Graham. Last I heard, It didnt have a
powerful enough motor to change the setting
in cruise.<<

It's fine. Don't know who told you the motor was too weak. Not true. It may have
been an early prototype you heard about. Ours has been back to France for checks
of the balance. We had some vibration which may well  have been caused by the
composite spinner backplate crushing and losing bolt tension. When the new
cowling and cooling installation is finished (week or two) we will fly with the
Warp drive first to reduce the variables, then refit the VP.
GKWHIP gave 131 knots or slightly more at 5,750 rpm with the Warp drive. VP gave
us 135 knots at same revs. If it gets noisy that implies vibration, prop or
spinner balance and needs fixing. Excessive vibration tends to cause things to
break. Also check for any part of the engine, engine mount or exhaust touching
the cowls or airframe. Silencer is very close to the firewall. Vibration will
reduce your speed because it destroys the laminar flow boundary layer.

Graham