PIP PIN COVERS

Subject: PIP PIN COVERS
From: David Watts <dwatts@ns1.avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 09:36:10
Tony Renshaw asked about Pip Pin Cover details. I went to a plumbers
merchants and obtained a couple of fittings for the 1.5 inch plastic pipes
that had screw in blanking plugs. I turned them on a lathe so that the plugs
go down to a flush finish and then after lining the hole with BID, set the
fittings in with flox. I have got two small holes in the tops and a small
tool that I can insert to twist them off. John Tye has got a similar
arrangement on his Europa but using some very small fittings that look less
than 1 inch diameter. Another system that I saw at Cranfield which was
particularly neat was a small flat, hinged at the front and held down at the
back with a small butterfly Dzus fastener.

Hope all this is of help, David Watts.