Re: New forum user

Subject: Re: New forum user
From: Eddie Hatcher <bizzarro@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 10:16:31
>Hello,
>I have the information kit + stage 1 manual for Europa. The next step is
>to join EAA to get local advice, for which my need is great. I have not
>flown as pilot in command for 30-years, and only have a glider rating.
>Need to learn current FAA regulations on kit-built aircraft, and
>inspection requirements. Also need to see if any  local instructors would
>be willing to train me in a kit-built.
>
>Europa seems such a neat solution to many conflicting requirements!  I
>hope to learn more through this forum. The BMW engine and variable-pitch
>prop are areas of interest. Did not see any provision for strobe or
>navigation light wiring in the stage 1 manual, and most info photos of
>existing Europas do not show them. Perhaps that is dealt with in later
>stages, but I was curious about it.
>.John G. Innes
>Cape Fair, Missouri

Hi and welcome,

Yes, the Europa is an excellent aircraft by all accounts, and yes there is
no provision for strobes or Nav. lights at all. But many people have fitted
them and there is no problem with doing so, but I assume that you have to
have any mods approved as we do in the UK. I would worry about how to fit
them exactly once you have the kit and can see exactly how you want to fit
them. There is a list of approved mods with names of builders who have done
them, many of whom will have subscribed to this mailing list. So check the
email and I'm sure that someone will be able to help you out.

Cheers

Eddie
////    Eddie Hatcher ////    Kit 279     /////
////    South East London Flying Group    /////
////    bizzarro@easynet.co.uk            /////