Mud guard

Subject: Mud guard
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 10:46:17
Bill Wynne wrote :-

<<also, rough-strip T/O and landings in this wet weather are spraying a lot of
mud around inside my cockpit.  Has anyone else had this problem and if so
what is the cure please?>>

Simple Bill, make a mudguard for the wheel, it works great. We regularly
have to clean mud from the underside of the fuse. and wings, but the wheel
well is still spotless. I made mine from 4 plies of bid layed up on a
former made from scrap foam with ally. brackets bonded in. Only took two
attempts to get it right !  Weighs about 1 lb.,-  probably less than the
weight of mud picked up on take off.

<<I have fitted a small electric winch to the back wall of the barn (hangar)
in order to pull my p&j quickly in off the airfield by her tail wheel.
Highly recommended, and it impresses the passengers too!>>

Fitted a similar idea to our enclosed trailer using a car recovery hand
winch fixed by the door, and a set of pulleys to reverse the direction of
pull.  It would  be impossible to load the a/c with out it, certainly
single handed!

Jim Naylor

Jim Naylor No 39