Re: Damper kit / rubber blocks

Subject: Re: Damper kit / rubber blocks
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:02:19

> In a message dated 07/12/96  23:55:08, you write:
>
> >Full deflection should be around 9 G.<
>
> Where does that come from ? - you certainly need the spring rate and weight
> of a/c to calculate it.  If it were 9g a half ton a/c would  appear to be 4
> 1/2 tons unless you have a weird  slide rule Ron.  9 g used to be the desgin
> limit for military pilot g-suits, hardly desirable kit for the Europa, frame
> or pilot.

Not necessarily incorrect! Remember that this is an instantaneous shock load and
not
a sustained load. Slapping your hands together hard can generate an
instantaneous
load of 20-30g's.
grab a g meter and bring it down even moderately hard on your thigh and I can
guarantee
than you can easily pass
9g's (tried it last night) so Ron's 9g specification for a landing load I
suspect
is not
too far off the mark.

Tony
Date: 12/12/96
Time: 11:02:20 New Zealand Summer Time (UTC +13)

Kaon Technologies - Building Tomorrow's Networks
PO Box 9830
Newmarket
Auckland          Ph +64 9 358 9124
New Zealand       Fx +64 9 358 9127