Punctures

Subject: Punctures
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 09:06:28
Bill Wynne's  puncture during landing is the second reported . Has it started
alarm bells ringing at Europa ? After all, two frame distortions provoked
Mod.37.  In 30 years of flying I have never had (or even heard of ) punctures
in conventional light aircraft and here we have two in what must the the low
thousands of landings by Europas. The proximity of the brake caliper to the
bulging part of the tyre must be the prime suspect. Drop tests would probably
not show damage with the wheel stationary, so perhaps an investigation is
required before more of us suffer this expensive and potentially dangerous
event.

Graham C.