Europa -Oregon Interest

Subject: Europa -Oregon Interest
From: D Reed <dreed@cdsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 15:15:48
Hi Bob
Saw your communication re Europa interest.   I am in Grants Pass
flying out of 3S8 and have had an interest in the Europa for some time
but as yet like you have not taken the plunge. Perhaps later is just as
well in this instance as the undercarriage problems should all be
resolved by next year and the mods incorporated into the kits.
Took the demo flight at Arlington this year and was impressed with the
overall performance. There are several RV 4 &RV6's down here and one
Glasstar being built,the latter also interests me.
Built a Stits Playmate in the late 60's but have not tried my hand at
composites,frankly it sounds more demanding than either tube & fabric
or alum./rivets.
Just for something to do I am constructing a workshop inside my hanger
20x10, [I may get serious one of these days].Jo County are getting real
chicken ---- these days re people working or keeping stuff in hangers,
both county and private owned,but thats a story for another day.
Recently went to Florida and visited  the Europa depo at Lakeland where
a guy from Jacksonville FL had his plane in for a minor mod and then
over for upholstering on the same field.He had a subaru engine in his
rather than the Rotax 912/914 which I think is getting a bit spendy.
Think there is a europa being built in the Washington area ,he may
answer your enquiry also.Anyway,monitor the Europa mail to get a good
idea of progress.
will let you know if I decide to do anything  further.

Derek Reed

Bob -tried to send this to your net address robduck@ix.netcom.com
     but unable to get contact,please contact .