Undercarraige Mod

Subject: Undercarraige Mod
From: Dino Baker <DBA@biomed.fmc.flinders.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:03:27
Hello All,

Re the Mod 37, Undercarraige.

The concern shown by all builders is in my opinion fully justified.
The question is, will the latest welding mods solve the problem
completely? Europa need to take a deep look at this and give a solid
assurance to builders. It goes without saying what the reaction from
builders will be after doing the welds in situ, or just fitting for
the first time, if the problem still occurs. Perhaps a total redesign
is warranted.

When you look at the short length from the pivot to the shock
absorber and then the long length from the axle, it is like a giant
'nutcracker'. Giving more support to the pivot tube may cause the
tube to be crushed next.

I intended to fit the frame in permanently 5 weeks ago but luckily
posponed it, due to not having all the u/c parts.

John Baker,

Frustrated builder #181