Re: Subaru Engine

Subject: Re: Subaru Engine
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 19:32:13
I know very little about the care and feeding of Subarus, but compared to the
Rotax 80 deg seems a bit cool. I note that the Subaru thermostat opens at 85 deg
and the specified coolant appears to be Ethylene Glycol, presumably 100% . (EA81
cars)

50/50 water / glycol cools better so I would have thought a higher temp would be
acceptable. In general the oil temp should be above 100deg to boil off the
condensation. Anyone else know anything? Reiner, are you out there?

Graham