Re: Re: FLYER: MPG

Subject: Re: Re: FLYER: MPG
From: tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 11:38:57

wrote:
> >>Tom McCormack wrote
> >A Europa has good mpg figures - but  you can't use very short strips<<
>
> Who says you can't. Jon Tye and I use a 400 meter grass strip with a 3 %
> slope.
> With practice 300 meters would be enough The big wheel means that long grass
is
> much less of a problem. I guarantee we will get out when a spamcan would be
> bogged down.
> Graham

Has anyone worked out what the standard takeoff distance to clear a 50' obstacle
is for grass and seal?

As we know, the Europa adverts quote a takeoff and landing run in the 100 - 160
metre plus range, any shorter
and the Europa would be classed as a VTOL aircraft - mind you, almost achieved
that in a PA38 yesterday
with a 50 metre roll after landing (_very strong_ headwind and bumpy as hell!)

Tony

Date: 10/09/96
Time: 12:38:58 New Zealand Summer Time (UTC +13)

Kaon Technologies - Building Tomorrow's Networks
PO Box 9830
Newmarket
Auckland          Ph +64 9 358 9124
New Zealand       Fx +64 9 358 9127