Re: Undercarriage Damper

Subject: Re: Undercarriage Damper
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 20:11:24
converting to a jet or helicopter.  Faint heart never won fair lady.<<

I absolutely agree, Bill. In my experience, it's taken me 30 hours to start to
recognise the correct picture on landing. That I suspect is the key. Trouble is
you only get a few seconds of experience each time you land. Adding a little
power on finals gives you more time, as does approach at 65 kts instead of 60,
Martin the Teach tells me. Another thing I have recently discovered is that when
one is wound up/nervous/otherwise overstretched, e.g. new airplane, visual
perception is greatly narrowed. Now I'm beginning to relax a bit on finals the
picture is widening out and I can actually see when I'm too high or too low.
Could be that means you'd learn quicker and easier with the right guy sat beside
you.

Graham