Re: Fuel Vapour locking

Subject: Re: Fuel Vapour locking
From: dbosomworth@meto.gov.uk
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 09:52:51
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 19:54 +0000 (GMT)
From: dbosomworth%ukmo-tclan@ccmail.meto.gov.uk

Hello Rolph,

>Re the recent service bulletin for Rotax Engine installations - anyone any
>experience with exhaust pipe insulation? Regards,Rolph

        Norman Adam lagged the stubs from the heads, mainly to try and
protect the oil tank as things were a bit close. He also stuck a sheet
of stainless steel in too i believe as a heat shield.

        I feel that lagging exhausts may be a good thing to try, but
fly without any lagging first, and carefully monitor head/water temps
before and after, as i feel it <may> raise temps significantly.
However, we await the definative word(!) from Graham1...;-)

chus, dave
kit67