Re: Cowling Inspection Panels

Subject: Re: Cowling Inspection Panels
From: ken whittington <whittink@cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 17:05:57

>I've been putting off cutting these - but can't any longer. My current advanced
>technology is as per the manual i.e. use a hacksaw blade - which means a
>relatively wide gap. Although the gap is not as important as maintaining
the cut
>edges parallel, I wonder whether anyone has some even more advanced technology!
>
>Regards to all
>
>Rolph #37
>

>   hi rolph

    we have been using the dremel tool with the router attachment and dental
burrs which leave a gap of half the width of the smallest dremel bits. you
can do the corners & straights by  hand with this setup if you take your
time.you might try your friendly dentist for some or he could lead you to
his supplier.these burrs are extremely sharp & last a long time as well as
providing a very smooth cut.

   ps. dont try this without the router attachment.

                                    good luck
                                    ken