Hints and tips - Knife Trimming

Subject: Hints and tips - Knife Trimming
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 20:11:41
>>The reason I would recommend waiting - apart from getting a more accurate cut
is
that at the leather stage the force needed for a blade cut has a tendancy to
bend the cut into the foam a little which, particularly with end rib flange
close-ups means a bit more filing/preparation to ensure a properly bonded edge
with no appearance of de-laminating (edge-on air-bubble).<<

I think I agree, Martin. The only time I have really been glad of knife trim
time, is with Kevlar. Kevlar is a pain to finish. You never loose the
raggedness.
Graham