La Rochelle, update

Subject: La Rochelle, update
From: Ian Seager <ians@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 22:07:14
For those of you who have either booked their place on the La Rochelle
Fly-out, or who have requested the information the following should give
you some more information about the event. For those of you who haven't
booked or requested the information it should give you an idea of just what
you'll be missing, and unless you are getting married, it should spur you
onto requesting the information...La Rochelle will be the only place to be
on the 4th, 5th and 6th of May.

It would be really nice to see a Europa or two, so come on, if yours is
flying by then why not use it in the role that it was designed for?

STOP PRESS  Bob Pooley has kindly donated copies of his guide to North West
France for anyone booking the fly-out!!!

UPDATE
The event runs form Saturday 4th of May until Monday 6th of May (Bank holiday)
It is possible to arrive eralier, or to leave later, or if you wish to
arrive on the Sunday.
Itinerary
Saturady - arrivals
You will be greated by the local aeroclub, who will be laying on a
traditional French welcome, so no sooner out of the aeroplane you'll be
plied with local spirits and food. Once suitably fuelled, we'll whisk you
to the hotel in our fleet of Espaces, driven by students from the Flyer
school of Grand Prix driving (They should all have their licences back by
the begining of May). Saturday evening you have a choice, you can either do
your own thing, or come to the Compuserve dinner, (You don't need to be a
compuserve member to attend this). Tickets for this dinner will be
available before the event. Sunday morning after breakfast we will be
hosting an on-line conference, and talking about weather resources on the
net. This should last about one hour.
For hose who wish to volunteer, we will probably have some local children
who would like to see La Rochelle form teh air, some of these will be
handicapped and accompanied by a helper. The Nav competition will then take
place from La Rochelle, will involve landing away for a beach BBQ.
Sunday night, before dinner there will be a live on-line conference,
perhaps with a shuttle pilot as guest.
The main meal.....a big meal in the hotel with lots of food, as much wine
as you can drink during the meal, awards, a band, and much much more.
Monday am...the departure...the Flyer and European Flyers team will be
availbale at the airfield and will be filing flight plans and getting
met...
For those who wish to take advantage of teh cheap fuel in Guernsey, teh
Guernsey aero club will be putting on a BBQ and running a time arrival
competition every hour. Just let us know your ETA befroe departure and see
if you can win a prize.

An err that's it for now. More info when available. If you would like the
booking form email me at either of the following
ians@avnet.co.uk
ians@seager.demon.co.uk
let me have your snail mail address and I'll do the rest
Happy landings
Ian

Ian Seager FLYER Magazine, 3 Kingsmead Square, Bath, BA1 2AB
Tel: 01225 481440 Fax: 01225 481262